Saturday, August 8, 2009

Today is, wedding day

Dear Bryce

It's here, your wedding day, a day of faith, hope and love. A day of beautiful memories for you and Monica. But I want to share with you how much the memories of you growing up I treasure and smile each time I remember.
When you were born and the doctor said it was a boy, I don't think your dad's feet touched the ground for days, after that announcement. You were the most precious baby with your curly hair and dimples. Who can forget cheeseballs, Sodie, corn street, cleaning the inners out of pumpkins and you said"EWW that is gross at 3. When Great Gram would take you out to eat with her friends, and you said these rolls are delicious. All the plays you did. The purple man, you were a ham. You were so good in all of them and every time you were on stage my heart swelled with pride watching you. I have always wanted to do that, so I admired your courage, talent, voice and all the fun you had with your friends, it was so great to be apart of that. I think the one your dad might treasures is your match at districts and how you fought to come back to wrestle one more match. These are only a few of the many memories I will treasure of you growing up, but now it is time for you to make memories with Monica, as husband and wife.

You two have been through a lot in the past 6 months with buying a house and a new job and survived, which is proof how a good, solid, strong and loving your relationship can endure life's curve balls. "Faith, plants the seeds. Love makes it grow" Monica is a good woman and she sees what a caring, compassionate, funny, wonderful, honest, hardworking, kind and loving husband you will be, but most importantly what a great friendship you will have together. With an added bonus, Monica gets you. So, Monica and Bryce enjoy your day, and remember " There is no limit to love's forbearance, to its trust, its hope. its power to endure". " There are in the end three things that last: faith, hope and love, and the greatest of these is love. We love you and Monica very much. We will treasure this day of your marriage to your beautiful and kind wife and our new daughter. Lots of love and prayers, mom and dad

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Shelly-
Your such a stong family. I cried when I read you blog. It obvious how much you all care about each other. I only hope our family is like yours when our time comes with our girls to go off and start their own families. I wish you all the best. Much love and blessings
Stacey Risk

Powered By Blogger